Kathryn shows how to Glimmer Mist silk flowers for an additional decoration in scrapbooking. In this tutorial, she uses the Red Velvet and Cherub Pink Glimmer Mist colors. The flower is made with strips of silk. The strips should be cut to your own desire. Using a white gel pen, trace circles onto black paper, which will be the center of the flower. Use a dye to add color to the strips of silk. Before beginning this process, place the strips on a piece of foil to make sure the spray does not get everywhere. Then add the glimmer mist to the edges of the strip. Take a large glass pebble and glue it to a piece of paper and then set this aside to dry. To create the ruffled edge, adhere some tape to the silk strips as you are pleating the strips. The tape is used to make sure the pleats stay in place. Adhere the strips to the black circle and then take the circle with the glass pebble on top and glue it to the center. Follow these techniques to learn how to make simple silk flowers for scrapbooks.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades